Woohoo, a REAL egg!

missfitch

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Marysville Ohio
So to all of you who have read my many post on about my chickens who lay no eggs get this. We were out admiring my girls
love.gif
we just got our new roofing material to finish our new winter coop (as we want to make sure they are warm during winter) and I said to my hubby, "Hun, look how red "chicken nuggets" comb is getting, I bet with in a day or two in their new coop (with electric) we get an egg!" and hubby says " I bet your right, she is looking really red!"
D.gif
we gave them some treats and hubby stops looks in their coop and their lies a golden egg
jumpy.gif
(so ok it was not really gold, but it meant just as much to us as if it had been!)
lau.gif
my 4 yr old son joined in our happy dance celebration!
ya.gif
We are so proud of her (she is our only standard size chicken so we are sure who it came from) we gave her more treats and told her what a good girl she is and she tried talking to us (still working on the chicken dialect
gig.gif
) But 7 months of feed and two new coops and endless treats have finally paid off (well....kinda, its like a $100.00 egg)
clap.gif

Now to decide....who gets to eat it???
wee.gif

Thought I would share my GREAT news! ( Wait till I get to tell the neighbors I only need a half a dozen LOL)
tongue2.gif

Oh that's AWSOME!!!!!I had been noticing the very, very red combs and how fat they were looking these last few days and with only one that lays every day out of 26. Sooooo, today we got one, too!!!! Hope that means more to come!!! Great news!!! Already ate mine before anyone got home. All Mine!!!!

Hubby just went to work, LOL should sneak it!!!!
He was so excited he is going to try to get the night off so he can finish their new nesting boxes, and I say Hey, if the egg gives him ambition, all the more the egg is worth to ME LOL!!!!

Back
Top Bottom