Woohoo! Another stink bug bites the dust!

earnhardtlvr

Songster
8 Years
Mar 25, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
Cleaning out the brooder tonight
sickbyc.gif
and a stink bug flew in! MISTAKE!
lau.gif
The race was on! Poor stink bug was in at least 4 different mouths b4 a victorious BR ate it!
woot.gif
They r so cute and so much fun to watch!!
love.gif

sickbyc.gif
I HATE stink bugs!!!
he.gif
My poor girls got too much of them last year, and barely touch them now.
hu.gif
Our entire house was covered, not a single inch of space not covered with stink bugs, and it was raining stink bugs
barnie.gif

Oh yuck Steph!
sickbyc.gif
I hate them too! We have a lot of them here too, but sounds like u have them way worse! I hope mine DON'T get tired of them tho! LOL It would be nice to have some help keeping the stink bug population under control here!
thumbsup.gif

I know, I was so upset when the girls stopped eating them! We even tried feeding some to our turtles, but that made their water so gross!!
sickbyc.gif
I guess where we lived was one of the worst areas hit last year, but we did learn that Pine Sol in a cup, just a bit of water, kills them immediately! Saves us some hassle, and our new house isn't nearly overrun, altho I have about 6 in my lamp right now
he.gif

Just last week, my 12 year old "darling" daughter comes up to me, and gives me a big hug and says "I love you mom", and I'm thinking, "awe, how sweet" until I took a big whiff...................... I tell her "you smell like stink bugs" she starts laughing and proceeds to tell me she grabbed one in her hand, and then she rubbed her hand on my nose!
smack.gif
So much for "sweet" and "darling"
tongue.gif

Pin-Sol huh? i have a little dish that i load up with just a little water and lots of dishwashing soap and as they "come to the light" next to my chair, I send them to the drowning pool! LOL

eww gross and yay for pest control! I don't know that I've ever even seen a stink bug in person. I'm grateful. We have spiders mostly. Last year it was like a plague with crickets though.

Back
Top Bottom