Woohoo! Another stink bug bites the dust!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by earnhardtlvr, Apr 14, 2011.

1. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Cleaning out the brooder tonight [​IMG] and a stink bug flew in! MISTAKE! [​IMG] The race was on! Poor stink bug was in at least 4 different mouths b4 a victorious BR ate it! [​IMG] They r so cute and so much fun to watch!! [​IMG]

2. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    [​IMG] I HATE stink bugs!!! [​IMG] My poor girls got too much of them last year, and barely touch them now. [​IMG] Our entire house was covered, not a single inch of space not covered with stink bugs, and it was raining stink bugs [​IMG]

3. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Oh yuck Steph! [​IMG] I hate them too! We have a lot of them here too, but sounds like u have them way worse! I hope mine DON'T get tired of them tho! LOL It would be nice to have some help keeping the stink bug population under control here! [​IMG]

4. Caliphe

Caliphe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Would have loved to see a video of this! [​IMG]

5. love-my-wolves

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I know, I was so upset when the girls stopped eating them! We even tried feeding some to our turtles, but that made their water so gross!! [​IMG] I guess where we lived was one of the worst areas hit last year, but we did learn that Pine Sol in a cup, just a bit of water, kills them immediately! Saves us some hassle, and our new house isn't nearly overrun, altho I have about 6 in my lamp right now [​IMG]

Just last week, my 12 year old "darling" daughter comes up to me, and gives me a big hug and says "I love you mom", and I'm thinking, "awe, how sweet" until I took a big whiff...................... I tell her "you smell like stink bugs" she starts laughing and proceeds to tell me she grabbed one in her hand, and then she rubbed her hand on my nose! [​IMG] So much for "sweet" and "darling" [​IMG]

6. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    I hadn't thought of taking a video...I will def have to do that the next time!! [​IMG]

7. love-my-wolves

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Quote:As long as you don't have "smell-o-vision" it would be hillarious!!! [​IMG]

8. earnhardtlvr

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Pin-Sol huh? i have a little dish that i load up with just a little water and lots of dishwashing soap and as they "come to the light" next to my chair, I send them to the drowning pool! LOL

9. MeowCluckBark

MeowCluckBark Chicken Lickin' Good

Mar 28, 2011
    Boise, ID
    eww gross and yay for pest control! I don't know that I've ever even seen a stink bug in person. I'm grateful. We have spiders mostly. Last year it was like a plague with crickets though.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by