WOOHOO! Couldn't be happier with my girls!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DouglasPeeps, Jul 21, 2008.

1. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    My chickens are 22 and 23 weeks old. We got our first egg almost 1 month ago. Today I collected 27 eggs from my 32 chickens. I am so impressed! Up until today we have been collecting on average 20 eggs a day for the last week and a half. I am happy with the breeds I selected and their egg laying production. I didn't expect to have such a high production this early on. The eggs I have been collecting are beautiful! We are also receiving about 4 double yolkers a day!

Thanks for letting me share my happiness!

2. scrapmom5

scrapmom5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    Utah
    How Awesome! My original set of hens are 20 weeks and still no eggs. My DH purchased two 1 year old polish and now we get two eggs a day.

WooHoo! [​IMG]

3. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    [​IMG] yay for your chooks!! and congrats [​IMG]

4. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Thank you for your responses. I am still like a kid in a candy store with these chickens. I think I check on them about 10 times a day. Which in turn makes them coming running in my direction when they see me (I always have treats!).

5. Pecky

Pecky Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2008
    Wanup, Canada
    Wow Congratulation!
    I am the same with my chickens, but I only have 6 hens, so I only get to look for eggs once or twice a day. =P

6. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    Quote:We have 19 and I check at least 19 times a day.....lol
    and we only have one laying now and she has been doing it for 12 days now although she has only layed 10 days out of the 12 .

7. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

You've done a wonderful job with them and you sound delighted! I'll be well pleased too if my golden comet girls do as well- 10 weeks old Thursday![​IMG]

(Any pics?)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by