WOOHOO EVERYONE'S LAYING

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dumblond, Aug 14, 2007.

1. dumblond

dumblond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    I can home from work to find an equal amount of eggs to pullets. My poor RIR that is 23 weeks and was starting to get picked on, finally layed today. Now maybe the other girls will see her as an equal.

2. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Congrats on all the healthy pullets. Once they start laying, you should have plenty of fresh eggs to share with friends and family or sell to help with feed costs.

bigzio

3. dumblond

dumblond Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Joplin, Missouri
    Thank you. I have 12 more pullets on the way (29th). My aunt sell her honey at our farmer's market and is trying to get me to sell there as the gentleman that was selling lost his flock to the floods earlier in the summer and they are desperate for fresh eggs. I doubt very seriously my 4 are going to lay enough for the market, nor will the 16 I will have. I do have plenty of people at my husbands work to get rid of the excess we might have.

4. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That's ok as long as the eggs all have a place to go. I thought I would never be able to sell all my eggs. Once people realize how much better the eggs are and most important how much better the hens are treated,( than commercial caged hens ) it is easy to keep the extra eggs from ever getting old in the fridge. Way to go.....

bigzio

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Congrats!! I am STILL waiting on my 23 weekers to lay....silly things. Im guessing its the heat.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by