1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WooHoo!!! It worked!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NewToFarming, Sep 19, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    My broody was sitting on five eggs however the first two that hatched were laid a little over a week earlier and she got off of the nest about 9 days ago so I decided to try them in a bator to see if they would hatch and one is on its way hatching now.
    I started them in a home made bator but it was so hard to regulate the temps in it and the DH had it spike to about 105 so he went and picked me up a little giant on Thursday and I put them in there for the last few days.
    I am so excited because this is the first time I actually got to see one hatch!!! [​IMG]: [​IMG]: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  2. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    He made it!!! It took him awhile but he got it!!! I am just surprised any hatched at all after what these eggs went through!!

Here are the just hatched pics! I will take more after he is nice & dry & fluffy. It is a silkie chick.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Number 2 has just pipped!!!!

4. vincy

vincy New Egg

Sep 19, 2010
    Thanks for sharing..........

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Isn't that miracle just AWEsome in the truest sense of the word? Congrats!

6. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    So adorable! MORE PICS! [​IMG]

7. NewToFarming

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    I promise to upload some more pics tonight!!! But I had to let you all know that 3 out of 3 hatched!!!! [​IMG] I am really amazed especially going from broody to bator and with the major temp changes & spikes with the first bator I had used.!!!
    The last one just hatched out right before I left for work this morning so I didn’t get a chance to check him out real well. He is definitely bigger than the other 2 and had a harder time. I am not sure about his one leg and his feet looked huge. I don’t know. I will have to check him out better when I get home.
    You won’t believe the color the first one turned out to be!!! I am not sure if these are full silkies or not now. I guess these eggs could have still been fertile from the hens previous home which would have been 10 to 12 days before these little guys were laid.
    I will do my best to get some pics uploaded tonight!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by