Woohoo- my finished (for the most part) pallet coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by megoony, Apr 3, 2012.

1. megoony

megoony Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2012
    After about four weeks of collecting pallets and assembling this coop- it is finally finished and the chickies are outside 24/7! It isn't perfectly straight, or very fancy, but it gets the job done, and doesn't detract from the look of the yard. In a few more weeks (or paychecks) I will start on a detachable/portable run because they are starting to get big and FAST! So without further adieu, allow me to introduce you to my almost completed coop, dubbed, "The Chicken Cordon Bleu!" - so named for my fiance's choice of "French County Blue" paint (literally the first name to pop into my mind, LOL!) So now we have to come up with French themed names for all the girls! Any suggestions are most welcome, and sorry for the picture overload!

**All in all the total for everything came out to about $150-$170, which was a little bit over our goal of $100, but not too bad of a price for the result I think :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  2. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    Cute!!!!

3. megoony

megoony Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2012
    Did a bit more decorating, I'm planning on doing some white stencil accents later :) Also named the girls!
    From left to right (on the pictures above): Antoinette, Blanche, Josephine, Rouge, Sylvie, Charlotte (yes we intentionally named the darkest chicken "white" and the biggest white chicken "red" . . . lol)

[​IMG]

Added the run access gate (still need it on hinges)

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by