Woohoo!! Shareholder's Meeting!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Jun 1, 2010.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    As most of you know, I work at Wal-Mart. I'm a shareholder (Yeah, $2.00 worth of stock is gonna make me RICH!) lol!

This week is the "shareholder's week" in Fayetteville, AR. I've lived close to the campus (which is where the meeting is held), but have never worked at a local Wal-Mart during the meeting week. OMG. It's like another world. I imagine it as trying to walk through the Chinese capitol...

Hardly any cars in the parking lot, BUT, when you walk inside, you instantly run into 15 people taking pictures of the "Caution. Wet Floor" sign. Another 10 taking pictures of the cashiers. This is the only week that cameras are allowed into the local stores. I met people from China, Argentina, Chile, Mexico, Japan, all SORTS of states!! This is just the first day and the meetings don't even commence until the 2nd!

Just thought it was amazing...Can't believe all the things I've seen, without the meetings even started! This week is going to be a blast!

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Pretty neat!
    Dont forget me when you get rich!!!!! [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Wal-mart : the one and only thing that keeps the economy from a full fledged depression.

4. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    Have fun Ropo you need it!

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Thanks guys!

They have these "pins" that they give to the shareholder's from their own countries. We have to purchase our own here, but the ones selected to be ambassadors from their countries are given the pins. I haven't purchased the pins, but have been given pins from China, Argentina, Chile and another country...

This is up there on one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by