Woohoo! We have EGGS!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by WindcrestChickens, Sep 7, 2008.

1. WindcrestChickens

WindcrestChickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I couldn't believe it....The girls are 20 weeks old and I have been trying so hard NOT to look for eggs. I went out and found 4 of themost beautiful blobs lying in a dent in the straw! I started yelling and hollering so that everyone came running - they thought something was wrong.

It is the coolest feeling ever....I guess I am off to a new discussion group now...egg laying here I come...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats, the first eggs are always so exciting. I still fell like everyday is Christmas for all the beautiful eggs i get. LOL.

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Acckkk mine are only 16 weeks old *sigh* another month yet, or more, of waiting til I can join the egg laying board!

[​IMG] Congrats on your new eggies!! Super exciting!

4. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    congrats on your first eggs. [​IMG]

5. jonbanks

jonbanks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    i have 6 rhode island reds i wonder when they will start laying

6. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I was the same way when I got my first eggs....I am still that way and probably will be for quite a while.....

I go out at least 3 times a day just to look for egs...it is quite fun isnt it!

7. Nemo

Nemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    N'rn Wisconsin
    Yeah, sure, rub it in... Ours are 18 weeks old, and I'm about ready to pop.

Really, though, congrats!

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I have Rhode Island Reds. The first to lay, laid at 17 weeks. the last to lay was 27 weeks. They were from the same hatch.

9. WindcrestChickens

WindcrestChickens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I am almost positive it is my rhode island reds that are laying...I have been checking the vents (sorry girls) and the R.IR.'s have all the signs of being ready...the others, not so much.

But I also suspect my golden comets- they have been doing the whole squatting thing and letting me actually pat them while they huddle.

Sorry Nemo....I just had to squawk! It really is like Christmas - well actually Easter! every time I go out there and see a little surprise left for me.

We set up some nesting boxes today and got everything spiffy clean so the girls will feel more comfy as they get down to business!

10. Nemo

Nemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    N'rn Wisconsin
    Quote:No need to apologize... I'm sure I'll be dancing when we finally get eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by