woohooo I have A ROOF, WITH SHINGLES and a door...

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
y'all have NO idea...I thought this would never happen lol...

pics to follow...

so I have four walls, a roof with shingles (FINISHED!), a small vent, side vents where the we are putting hardware cloth, a door (found a door w/frame for $5! rough shape..needs paint!) and a floor...

so we have to:

paint outside, put walls up inside..paint inside...make the chicken door (hubby likes to do things backwards) and put two windows in...which we are making to be removable and during the summer months
we will put up hardware cloth on the openings...

then..to tackle the RUN!
smack.gif

Ha, kind of sounds like me. I'm building a little coop to hold about 8 birds, designed something I liked, just the side view, built two walls, tacked in the wire, framed it, then realized I hadn't figured out how I was going to mount the door, how I'd set up my laying boxes, or how to tack some inside wire. Oh, and I still need to add a roof.
Just put up a door today but I still need to add the roof and at least a back wall so if I did put something in there, they couldn't just walk out a gaping hole in the back.

Quote:
hahaha omg that made me laugh. So cute, so backwards
smile.png

I'm somewhere in between this and my husband, the super-planner. He usually drafts the whole thing in CAD about 50 times, in 50 configurations before even thinking about starting. I'm surprised he doesn't then do scale models to be honest. He probably realises I would destroy it with a sledgehammer and tell him to just build the thing already
smile.png

Quote:
hahaha omg that made me laugh. So cute, so backwards
smile.png

I'm somewhere in between this and my husband, the super-planner. He usually drafts the whole thing in CAD about 50 times, in 50 configurations before even thinking about starting. I'm surprised he doesn't then do scale models to be honest. He probably realises I would destroy it with a sledgehammer and tell him to just build the thing already
smile.png

Lol yeah, I had drawn out a dozen or so different coop ideas in CAD, always over complicated everything. Or I'd get it built then start counting how many boards I'd need to build it and then decided to put that idea into the maybe later pile and start anew. XD

Back
Top Bottom