Woohoooo six out of eight are fertile

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by conny63malies, Mar 4, 2009.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I candeled my eight serama eggs yesterday at end of day 3 begining of 4. It looks like six are fertile. YAY .THey are not the tiniest eggs but i hope for B's. Of course i would like to have a A class rooster, i could maybe get away with owning one. They do not breed true color or do they? THe eggs werent marked.
    What should i look out for besides the fact that they shouldnt free range?

2. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Congrats on the good fertility! I put 3 of mine in the bator but only 1 is fertile. Seramas don't breed true color, thats half the fun! My seramas free range, but they have a big Araucana roo that keeps an eye in them. [​IMG]

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    i got three ducks and a pi bull mix on a chain(not a outside dog just when i have no time to walk her) in the same yard. Last thing i need is a serama too close to the dog. He would play with the chicken but i dont think they would survive her playfulness. Also our neighbors found a great horned owl in their yard last year ont wanna take no chances. No worries as long as the dog is outside she will bark if unwanted animals or humans come close, but she isnt always outside.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by