1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WOOO!!!! (Proud toddler parent moment) :)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by booker81, Sep 6, 2010.

1. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    Just have to announce (and my child may shame me forever, if she ever reads this.....when she learns how to read).

My daughter went potty in the potty [​IMG]

I'm about as darned proud as I can be over such a thing. Especially since I am one of those "when it happens, it happens" parents, and have done ZERO about "potty training", other than having the bathroom accessible and open whenever she felt like sitting. No books, no movies, no "trying", no Potty Elmo, just a potty.

But just now, she informed me it was time to sit on the potty, we went in and she went potty!!!!!!

Someday, no more diapers!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!

Yes, I'm a first time parent [​IMG]

Kids are freaking awesome. It's just so incredible learning life over again....even if it's going potty in a toilet [​IMG]

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Awesome,

i was proud also with all 4 of mine. [​IMG]

3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Don't you just love those moments where you are shocked at what happened to my baby? It's so bittersweet.

4. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

that's so great! How old is she?

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Momentous! Trust me, before you know it she will be getting her driver's license and going off on her own. It happens almost that fast. Enjoy every moment of the trip. They grow up entirely too fast. (Same thing holds true for grand children too.)

6. cparian

cparian Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Awww! What a budding little genius!

7. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. booker81

booker81 Redneck Tech Girl

Apr 18, 2010
    Mid-MI
    She's 2 1/2....well, 2 years, 7 months and....10 days [​IMG]

I was sorting through my desk earlier and found some photos of her when she was so tiny...one of them was the photo taken at the hospital. Another of her sleeping in the carseat, with the dog holding guard by her....one of her sleeping on DH's chest, curled in a little baby ball.

Oh dear, I think I've got something in my eye...

9. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

that is so great! Things will be so much easier for you from now on.... though it is hard when they keep getting bigger. I always tell my 3 to slow down.

10. tls_ranch

tls_ranch Stares at Chickens

From one parent to another [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

My daughter is starting the potty thing too she's about the same age as your daughter. Get ready for endless "potty talk". My son had to know exactly what was going on with his body and has to discuss every "happening". I wish I recorded some of the talks we had in the bathroom. It would be great blackmail material! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by