1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WoooHOO! My 1st Sale!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by tx_dane_mom, Nov 27, 2007.

1. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Yea! I have a guy on his way to buy a pair of pekins & a trio of rouens! I have been trying like crazy to sell some of these ducks b/c my sig says just how many I have in this residential back yard & it's getting nuts, so I am terribly excited! Just had to share w/someone!
    Kristi

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    congratulations! [​IMG]

3. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Thank you! I am still terribly excited even though they like puked all over me. [​IMG]
    Kristi

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    lol, well that's not good!

5. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Where do you live, Kristi?

6. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Bridge City, which is near Orange/Beaumont.
    Kristi

7. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    Cool!! You live about an hour away from me. I'll probaby want to get some of East Indie eggs from you in the spring. Those are the little black call ducks with the beetle green sheen, right?? I SO want some!!

8. Kristina

Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    OH man Kristi! My hubby goes to beaumont and that area ALL the time for work! At least once a week! I'll have to look and see what your selling. [​IMG]

9. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Well, I am actually just wanting to sell my BEI girl and not get in that breed, so if you want, you can buy her. She should just about be to laying age herself, and will certainly be ready for spring.
    You can check out my website www.lmgd.info and click on my 'blog' for a list of my birds.
    Really guys, I am new to birds, so I appreciate it, but don't get *too* excited. I have only had chickens/ducks a little less than a year. I am still in the 'let me buy these & see if I want this breed of not' phase [​IMG] But I do have SEVERAL breeds. In fact I have the following arriving tomorrow, if you're interested:
    21 Pearl Leghorns, 2 Thai Games; 7 BR; 5 Wydonettes; 6 Dominiques; and 5 Aracanas. They were hatched Mon/Tues.
    I plan on more or less growing these up to be my 'seller' birds to fund my habbit, although the 7 BRs will likely join my current BRs as that is one of my '4 breeds'.
    *Notice....I have to keep disciplining myself to ONLY FOUR breeds for spring Kristi* Oh...and that's chickens...we're not even getting into ducks. LOL
    kristi

10. tx_dane_mom

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Oh and if either of you guys have the following and show then, PLEASE let me know:
    Barnevelders - NEED
    Barred Rocks - have some
    Jersey Giants - have some hatchery
    Lt. Brahmas - have a trio

Snowy Calls - have one duck
    Butterscotch Calls - NEED
    Rouen - have hatchery
    Blue Swedes - have 3 males; NEED FEMALES
    Pekin - HAVE TONS, but interested in SQ

Thanks!
    Kristi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by