woooo so excited!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Loretta212, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    so i knew i had roosters they are about 23 weeks old but what i didnt know is that they were fertilizing my hens eggs!! (they are older then the roos ) So my husband is set on eating the roosters and when i found this out I ran around my house and put together an incubator and set 12 eggs . I have to get some chicks before he eats the roos right?! Well the incubator is working! I used stuff i had laying around the house LOL [​IMG] and i have the temp at 100 and the hummidity at 60 i was very surprised i know the temp should be 99.5 but i cant get to picky here lol i guess time will tell if it all worked they should hatch around jan 2-3 rd

2. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Good luck with your hatch!!! I always try to keep my humididty around 45 and not let it get to 60 until lockdown. Sounds like you were in a rush, lol. It won't hurt for the short time.

3. Loretta212

Loretta212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2011
    Meriden ct
    Quote:thats weird i read the other day that 60 durring incubation and 80 durring lockdown! ahh its always different LOL i have never had a hummdity gage i used a hova bator last time and just fillied the sopt for water LOL its easy to lower i just open the hole i have in it and it goes down maybe i will go do that experience answers usually work better then ones you read and in a hurry yes hahah i am a little proud of my work right now LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by