WooooHooo I got my first ova. (pic)

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
It was about 10am today and my girl was on her nest. She was acting like she was in a trance so I petted her for a few minutes. Then she stood up and I saw a tiny brown egg under her bloomers. I mean it's the cutest little egg I've ever seen. My very first home grown egg, how exciting is that!!!

CIMG1311.JPG

Anyway, it was perfect. She laid right where I wanted her to. She was loud and proud when she jumped off the nest too. I'm just soooo glad she didn't act like a complete idiot for her first egg. I can't wait til tomorrow. Maybe tomorrows egg will be a little bit bigger? She's an RIR, a big one at that. I'm saving this egg til I get her next one so I can compare the sizes.

CONGRATS on your first egg! She may not lay the next day - don't worry if she doesn't.

I've got a Welsummer that's been laying for 2 weeks now and her eggs haven't gotten very much bigger at all. I know they will, though. They are so pretty, too! Dark brown with speckles! Neat!

My first egg was on Easter. Ironic? I know haha.

And to make it better, it was my Ameraucana that layed it hehe.

Anyway, I was so proud and excited that I poked two holes in it and blew it out, wrote Peck's name on it (That was her name, Peck hehe) and put it on display in my bedroom!

Back
Top Bottom