Wooster and Nugget grow up, new pics of BFF's (added pics to compare)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Jun 17, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Wooster and Nugget have grown so much, except Woo is still tiny and Nugget is HUGE! I don't know what breed she? is, but Nugget is one big chicken. Last time we heard Woo had been carried away by something and came home wounded and Nugget was hysterical. She still gets hysterical if Woo goes somewhere she doesn't fit. I think they are both ladies, but if you'd like reaffirm that if wouldn't hurt my feelings. Guesses on breeds?
    First the Woo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now Nugget:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Woo, Nugget, and Rabbit:
    [​IMG]
    Walking away to compare sizes:
    [​IMG]
    Nugget towers over the hens that are 4 months older!

These are from April 19, right after Woo's harrowing experience. You can tell how Nugget has grown so much, and Woo just a little. Rabbit is the same.... lol.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Wooster - female - turken x (bantam) cochin mix

Nugget - male - ??? Could be RIR or New Hampshire Red x something with feathered legs (Brahma or Cochin?)

I think Nugget is an under developed male, just something about the shape of the body says rooster to me.

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    We thought Wooster was a rooster at hatch and Nugget a hen,,, now they've fooled us all I guess. Do you really think Nugget is a roo? I love Woo's little hat.

4. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Woo does have a very cute hat! I think Nugget looks like a roo. He's going to be a big boy!

One day you'll look at Nugget and say what ever made me think otherwise. At least that's how it seems with me, when I find out for sure which they are. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I have two Turkens I'm still wondering about and they were hatched in Dec. I thought for sure one was a hen because the roos were trying to mate with her, then suddenly she's trying to mate with the hens and has huge wattles and a comb. But now I'm thinking it's bi,, it just doesn't care. The other Turken has no idea what is what and is gender/species confused because it tries to mate with the ducks and rabbit.

6. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Is that Turk that tries to mate with anything that moves? That is too funny! Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that post! [​IMG] Bunnies? Ducks?

7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    That's so funny! I want one like Woo...tooo cute! [​IMG] And Nugget! That's one BIG chicken! [​IMG]

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:Well no, that's the older Turken, but poor little Turk will definitely have to be sneaky to find a "friend". If they see him coming they run.

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This is the gender/species confused Turken, Flat Top.
    [​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Any other guesses on Nugget's sex or breed?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by