Woot!!! Guess who found a mistake on the Metzer Farms website?!?!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by treldib, Aug 3, 2010.

1. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    I noticed that the links for the Golden 300 and White Layer were not working properly and directed you to Chocolate Runners...I emailed John and this is his response:

Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2010, 4:32 AM

Thomas:

You are correct. We overlooked those two breeds! I don’t know how but that is why we offered the Mistake Reward!

Please send us your mailing address for the gift certificate.

Thank you!

John

John Metzer

Metzer Farms

www.metzerfarms.com

800-424-7755

Shopping Spree time! What should I buy? I currently have a Golden 300, a Black Swede, a Cayuga, and a White layer. All females and all from Metzer.

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    [​IMG] Good for you!
    I only have bantam ducks(so I'm partial to them), but you obviously like the larger ducks so get a Chocolate or Indian Runner-I think they're beautiful. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Congratulations on getting the gift certificate.

4. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Quote:Thanks. I'm one of those weird people that think Runners are...un-attractive [​IMG]

Quote:Thank you.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congrats on your gift certificate!! [​IMG] Enjoy!!!! [​IMG]

6. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Good for you! I am sure it will save a few other people getting frustrated or confused when the links didnt work. And it was nice of them to give you the gift certificate.

I found an even bigger mistake -but the particular hatchery involved - it wasnt an accident or oversight like with Metzers...One particular American Hatchery is using photos of an Australian bird to advertise one of its breeds available- without permission of the owner of the bird. Sad to think how many people may have ordered birds and been disappointed in what they received.

I let the guy here in Australia know about it..He has obviously made contact with the hatchery and they now have a different cropped photo on display... My guess is another photo found on the internet and used without permission.

7. Sweetfolly

Sweetfolly Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Kildare, Wisconsin
    Quote:Was that, by any chance, www.efowl.com? I know of 3 BYC member's photos they were using (with the background cropped away) without permission too - and one of them wasn't even the correct color variety of what they were trying to sell! [​IMG]

I make a point of checking that website every so often now - I have lots of pictures of my birds here on BYC, and I don't want them using MY pictures to sell their birds!

Okay, sorry for the thread hijack, treldib. If I were you, I'd get some Buffs or Harlequins. [​IMG]

8. Red Maple Farms

Red Maple Farms Wish Granted

Feb 25, 2010
    NE Wisconsin
  9. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    treldib, I was also thinking you might look at Welsh Harlequins, since runners do not appeal to you (more for me! [​IMG])

10. MrChicken207

MrChicken207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    Harlequins look nice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by