Woot! It's snowing ...updated with new pics at the end

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hinkjc, Nov 18, 2007.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    We are having our first snowfall of the season and the chickens want nothing to do with it. [​IMG] Here are some pics..enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Noooooooo snooooooowwwww.

Your pics are very lovely...but just more proof to me that I was born in the south for a reason.

Enjoy your snow! I'll enjoy my no snow! I do like looking at other peoples snow...at a very far distance...

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Glad it's not here. We do snow removal and I'm not in the mood to work right now [​IMG]

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Wowwwwwwwwwww, no snow here yet!!!! I just finished winterizing, I think!!!!

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm jealous....I love the snow, plus we need the moisture! We have a chance of flurries on wednesday, so maybe I'll see some then.

6. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Well, the crazy weather man says 'chance of snow showers today'. Yeah, ok..We are snow covered! Snow showers typically melt on contact. This is too funny. I opened the buff orp coop to let them free range this morning and by lunch not a single chicken would step outside. Then I closed their door and tried the easter eggers (who will usually range in anything) and they wouldn't come out either. Everybody is in bed by 4pm already. [​IMG] Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be a better day. I doubt it. My dd is already asking if they'll have off from school tomorrow. [​IMG]

Jody

7. chickenwoods

chickenwoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    **||OKLAHOMA||**
    What a nice place back in the woods i see!!:BEAUTIFUL:D

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    That is beautiful!!!!! I love snow. I wish it didn't have to be so cold to get it. Is the long red out building a chicken house?

9. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That's hard to believe since it is like 80 something here with like 80% humidity. Pretty pics.

10. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Thanks all. Yup, we love it in the woods. Our property is connected to state game lands too, so it is really nice here. Yes, all those buildings are chicken houses. There are 2 others not pictured and then we have flight pens for our turkey and pheasant and several other smaller pens for our quail and chukars. That long red one is split into 3 pens inside and they each have their own yard to go outside. Of course, no one went out today cuz they're apparently all afraid of snow again.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by