WOOT!!! my Duck-girls are getting their acts together!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ducklove334, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    YAY!!

I went out to feed and give the dooks some new water, and I spyed with my little eye, a pretty little teal blue mallard egg!

I think my Mouse may be the new momma, cause she's been hanging around the "nest"...unless that doesn't make a difference, I know when Bandit(my other mallard RIP) started laying, she hung out around her nest alot until she started brooding, it's big for a first egg too, it's a normal size mallard egg, I brought it in, and wiped it off, cause it was covered with dirt and poo, I'm going to put it back and add more hay to the house, and hope theres a second egg tomorrow.

2. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    congrats!!! can you post some pics of your ducks?? [​IMG]

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    My boys just brought in two eggs from my australian spotted girls! First eggs from them! I am ecstatic!

[​IMG]

Now I need to figure out an incubator quick b/c you can bet your butt I'll do anything in my power to hatch those babies! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    oh cool!

5. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    weeell, whoever was laying layed three eggs, that my mature girl scovie WOULDN'T leave alone. and because i don't want the girls brooding so soon, I took them with the plans to incubate them, i reset up the bator I got for xmas, and set the three eggs on the desk so that they could adjust their temps. ONLY to find out that while I was a work, the dog helped himself -_-

ugh, I hate dogs, I'll be SO glad when he goes out.

So I have another egg today that I'm guarding with my LIFE xD

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Aw man! :-( I'm sorry!!!

We got those two that one day, one the next day. Just went out to check today b/c it's cold and I didn't want any to freeze. Was disappointed and asking my drake why his girls didn't lay today then looked in the little corner next to my head and there sat 3 perfect little green eggs in a nest!

Got the stuff to make my incubator today except no styrofoam cooler, but someone from freecycle is bringing me some nice ones from omaha steak tomorrow so I can use those. WOOT!

My 6yr old went to school and told her teacher our boy duck laid some eggs. [​IMG]

7. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I got my single lil eggy I've named Mr. egglet [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

in the bator now, so now it's just a waiting game [​IMG]

what do Australian spotted ducks look like?? i've never seen one??

8. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    they are very pretty [​IMG]

9. Ducklove334

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I found a larger white egg this morning, in a nest depression with a mallard egg, so i think now Maude, my pekin is getting her eggback!LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by