1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Woot!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by gritsar, Dec 2, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I got 6 eggs out of the baby coop this morning (25 weeks old- 4 from layers, 2 from meaties), so [​IMG]
    (Looks like I got the rest of the nestboxes installed just in time)

I also got an egg out of the adult coop, meaning my big girls are finally finishing up their molt! so, [​IMG]

Third, even my DH admitted that he's getting excited to see what color eggs the easter eggers are going to lay (those two haven't started yet), so [​IMG] again

2. Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden Chicken Maiden

Jun 14, 2010
    Kansas
    [​IMG]
    Oh you lucky GIRL! Can't wait till my EE's start goin. What fun! Congrats!

3. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    Congrats!

4. thebirdguy

thebirdguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 22, 2010
    Idaho Falls
    I'm jealous!! It'll be 9 months before I get fresh eggs since we will be moving out to the 10 acres this spring and then we'll have to wait for the chicks to grow up.. :)

5. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Congrats, but I thought you were going to say you had a broody. [​IMG]

Impy

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:You know better than that! I now have five supposedly broody breeds and not a single broody! (Of course the babies are still young).

BTW, your namesake has had his butt thoroughly kicked by Thor today, but he's learning to outrun him. [​IMG]

It is kinda exciting to watch all the little ones check out the new nestboxes and try to guess who'll be next.

My silkies? Still clueless [​IMG]

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Me too. Or that Jethro laid an egg.

But [​IMG] for all your eggs! I love my EE, she's one of my favorites. She flies up onto my arm when she wants treats. My son thought it was funny one day I went in to give them treats, and I didn't want her flying up onto me so I kept my arms tucked in tight to my body. Next thing I know I have a chicken on my head and my son is laughing his butt off. [​IMG]

8. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    When or more like IF I get a broody, y'all will be the first to know. Heck, I'll probably even take a top of the page banner ad out on BYC. "GRITTY HAS A BROODY!!"

Wouldn't that be something?!?

Ain't gonna happen. Jethro will one day lay eggs and be the world's only non-broody silkie. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by