Worcester, MA shed sale

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by kittykorat, Nov 8, 2009.

1. kittykorat

kittykorat Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    I am KICKING myself.

We just spend over $300 in materials to build our 4X8 coop. It's almost finished...

So.. I went to the Home Depot in Worcester, MA, and the display sheds in the parking lot are on sale. There is one for $99 and one for $149. The one for $149 is way nicer than our coop.. and half as much money. I could seriously cry...

Maybe someone else in the area could take advantage of the great price.

2. DonnaBelle

DonnaBelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    McIntosh County, OK
    That's called: Murphy's Law.

But, I'd go ahead and get the shed anyway, as you will soon find out, you can never have to much storage space when you have critters.

I have a 40 x 60 barn, and want another one, only bigger.

DonnaBelle

3. kittykorat

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    I would, but we only have 1/4 acre. No more room.

4. gotpoodle

gotpoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Central Mass
    Quote:Oooh...what size are they? Are there pics on the web?
    Wish I knew that while I was out this afternoon! [​IMG]
    I may have to take a drive tomorrow...

5. kittykorat

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    They were the displays in the parking lot...
    I'd try to give you a link, but the home depot website doesn't want to open...

Anyways.. I think it was 8X3 and 10X3.. Since it was just the display it was the front of the shed and about 3" deep instead of 10'

6. DIMBY

DIMBY Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Western Colorado
    A lot of them, home depot, lowe's, sutherlands, whatever, are unloading their summer stock, especially the displays. I've learned that if you see a shed in their lot that you like, just ask one of the managers. I got a really neat (metal) display-only shed, about 5 x 12 feet, for only $20. We just had to get the truck, load her up and get it out of there.

7. gotpoodle

gotpoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Central Mass
    Thanks! I think I'll check the Leominster one first since it's closer to me, in the hopes that they're all doing the same thing!
    I got on the web site but they're not advertising (except 10% off sheds in general) so I'll go in person and take a look. Thanks!!

8. kittykorat

Aug 12, 2009
    Central MA
    It wouldn't be on the website, because it is just the display sheds being sold "as is"

9. DIMBY

DIMBY Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Western Colorado
    That's right, each location is completely different in what they have available - just bring your truck (and own tools if you want to dismantle first, generally the managers are very agreeable to bargaining but they want it out asap).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by