1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Work Boots - what brand do you like?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SewingDiva, Oct 25, 2009.

1. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a cheapo pair of rubber pull on boots that are falling apart and need to be replaced. They're not real work boots, just rubber fashion boots.

I don't think (but am not sure) that I need steel toe because these are for yard and coop work. I can wear mens' sizes and something that has a removable liner might be ideal so I can wear them year round in snow as well as the in the summer. I like a pull on style because they are easy to get on and off.

There seems to be a wide spread of prices for pull on work boots so what brand do you like?

[​IMG]
    Thanks much!
    Phyllis

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I love the Texas steer brand. You can get the insulated ones also for colder climates. Those are all I wear in the winter.

3. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    There is only one brand that is worthy. Redwing. Bring your wallet.

4. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    I like Muck boots. They hold up for a long time!

5. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    I love love love my Ariats

6. Troyerbuilding

Troyerbuilding On Vacation

Aug 30, 2009
    Hartville OH
    My reebok's kicked it for awhile, then went flat. Got another pair of Reebok's, not the same. The first was like walking on pillows. These have been my construction "boots".

I have a friend that loves the RedWing thats like a hiking/work boot. Only style and brand he buys. Over $100 easy.

7. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Quote:Those are my Daddy's favorite. He works at the Kelly Springfield (Goodyear) plant in Fayetteville, NC and he's got Redwings he has worn to work for 10 or more years.

8. Widget

Widget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Limington, Maine
    I need steel-toed boots for work. Only problem is I need some that are waterproof and comfortable. I am tired of having boots that keep my feet dry for only a month and then I spend the rest of the year dealing with wet feet. [​IMG]

My company pays for one pair a year up to $100. Anything above is out of my pocket. Plus they do purchase orders with a local shoe store that is at least an hour from my house. It would be one thing if they had a great selection but they don't. Oh the boots look okay but they never have a good selection of women's sizes. Nor are they in any way waterproof. That's fine for the other departments but not for mine. I can buy my own and then get reimbursed but money is tight and I can't afford to spend my money and wait for a couple weeks to get it back.

So any ideas on good steel-toed boots that are waterproof and are less than the cost of a new car?

Oh around the homestead I love my muck boots. [​IMG] Got mine through www.horsetech.com for a great price.

9. acdoc

acdoc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    shenadoah valley
    Red wings

10. CedarRidgeChicks

CedarRidgeChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Adair Co.Ky
    DH wears redwings
    I wear Ariats
    Son wears Mucks