Work from home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cindiloohoo, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    I need some ideas. I'm about to lose my house!! I have applied for every stinking job in the county already...INCLUDING fast food, and still nothing. I haven't worked officially in a long time due to homeschooling my kids, being a housewife and such. I need ideas on starting a home based business to pull in at least $150 a week. I have put ads in the paper and CL for cleaning jobs, babysitting jobs, etc. and seems everybody is watching their own kids and cleaning themselves these days. I have plans to sell produce, chickens, eggs, and all that, but can't if I don't have them to sell yet, and it wouldn't be enough for my house payment anyway by itself. On the bright side the bator is full at the moment [​IMG] I know this rut can't last forever, and just want some quick ideas to stop the bloodflow right NOW! Anybody have any suggestions? I am NOT afraid of manual labor either, I can hold my own next to ANYBODY and have done so, I just need some ideas. We have sold almost everything of value in this house already to survive the last 5 months...this is REALLY starting to get on my last nerve [​IMG] I'm stubborn and refuse to just sit on the couch and give my house to the stupid bank though. So....can I pick your brains? I need some bright ideas.......

2. Scoop

Scoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    I wish I could help. I'm blank because everything seems to take such an investment to just get started. I'll keep you in mind tho and if I think of anything I'll post.

3. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

Avon?

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    mmmmmm
    heres a few at home jobs

sell mary k make up
    sell avon products
    tastefully simple products
    tupperwear

if those dont work,
    the health care is always in need of nurses, i know it would be tight and expensive, could you get a degree, if not already?

theres always applying for welfare,food stamps.

do you own enough land, that your husband could chop wood and sell it in bundles?

just thoughts here, good luck to ya. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Maybe I could get a few investors..hehe. I do have very good friends and family, but my problem isn't theirs. I'd have to find a for sure deal to ask for someone to invest their hard earned money. But I do work my butt off and everyone knows it!

6. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Already on FS and wanting off the government merry go round already!!! LOL! Anybody with half a backbone and been there knows what I mean [​IMG] We will be chopping some wood, but we have no truck to haul it. Thought of selling a few trees. We have 1.5 acres, and several big oaks...maybe somebody would buy them? Thanks for the good luck wishes!!!!

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Good luck. I work from home and I know I am lucky to be able to do so and make an income.

If you would like more info, PM me. [​IMG]

8. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Oh, and I have already started selling some homemade soaps. It's just not enough, but several such things might eventually be enough. I just wanna keep my house! I (almost) don't care how [​IMG]

9. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    First off, have you tried to get in on that HAMP program through the government? I'll tell you, it's bad out their! I lost my job to China, I worked there for over 11 years! I've been out of work for over 1 yr. I just got that loan modification through the gov. program. It may help. It was the only way we were able to save our home. We've had to sell and lose everything of value too. What about a temp service?

10. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    gonzo&hispeeps :

First off, have you tried to get in on that HAMP program through the government? I'll tell you, it's bad out their! I lost my job to China, I worked there for over 11 years! I've been out of work for over 1 yr. I just got that loan modification through the gov. program. It may help. It was the only way we were able to save our home. We've had to sell and lose everything of value too. What about a temp service?

In the middle of working that out right now. Our bills are just so stinking high! Unemployment MAX is $300 a week. Went from $1000 a week and a lifestyle that goes with...to unemployment. DRASTIC change [​IMG] We blazed through savings in a couple months. We have made it this far though, and the 'stuff' we lost...so what? I just want to keep my little farm going! It's what we have left and not an expense as much as it is an asset. I made money last summer and fall...but the winter is killing us. Just trying to hold out for Spring [​IMG] Oh, and 2 whole temp services have my app as well. Just updated everything, there are just no jobs! I was poor all my childhood so I know where and how to cut back, and have on EVERYTHING..just no breathing room anymore, and it's irritating!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by