Work in Progress!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Jimagination, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Jimagination

Jimagination Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    Well,it is taking longer than my husband thought it would. He is almost done. I will be painting the inside today to seal it. He needs to attach the chicken ramp/door and frame out our door a little more and then we need to put screens in the top for windows/ventilation. In the fall we will add insulation on the outside and then add plywood and paint as well as plexiglass. We also will be adding a run for when I am not here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'll add more pictures later!

2. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Philly, PA
    Looking good Jodi!
    Now ya'll have to come over here and help me build mine... LOL. [​IMG]

Actually I have a good bit of supplies that I have gathered via freecycle and free from craigslist. I think pretty much all I will have to buy is chicken wire.
    It's amazing what you can scrounge up. I have taken a lot of time to "harvest" materials from other sources rather than buy them because I really support the idea of recycling...unfortunately it put me behind in making the coop by a month, which frustrates me.

I have been taking the chickens outside everyday in my yard and just sitting out there with them. They hang out with my kids and I, while they happily peck away at my lawn. [​IMG]

I hope to get building very soon though!

3. Jimagination

Jimagination Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    Lancaster, PA
    We are big on recycling as well and second hand stores. Most of the stuff we used was either stuff we had here or at my children's theatre includingt he paint. It was oops paint from HOme Depot that cost $5 and we had bought years ago for sets and had a can and a half left. And it was exterior,too. The chicken wire we got was only $5 for 50 feet, so not too bad. My husband should get the coop done tonight and I should be able to put the birds in tronight. Of course I bribed him,so I guess I will paying him up as well. [​IMG] [​IMG] Oh well, I found he works best and fastest on the bribe method. [​IMG]

4. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    Looks good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by