1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Work Wife/Work Spouse?!?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Boyd, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I've seen this mentioned on other forums with mixed results and opinions. After reading the description I realized that a while back, I did indeed have a work wife. Somebody who I worked with I considered a great friend, confided in, and cared what their opinion was. Of course that's all it was for you sick minded folks, because both of us were happily married, but I am curious... Is this as common as it seems?

PS, Once I left the company I stayed in touch for 3-4 years but we've both moved towards opposite ends of the country, but still email facebook etc. Opinions? Today I'm in a weird mood, but curious.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I too have a work wife and she is awesome!! [​IMG]

3. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:I know, mine was also! She always reminded me to take my BP meds (I worked night shift so I took them at 10pm) and packed extra because she and her husband didn't feel that I packed enough food for myself for a 12 hour shift. I must admit, one of the best Admins I've ever had. I would never eat a salad for my real wife, but I felt so guilty when she would bring one in, point out everything she put in it and remind me she grew it in her garden because it was "heart" healthy. Love her to death, but not like that. My x wife was insanely jealous and I never got that till years after the divorce... my current wife laughed and thanked her because she knew how to kick my butt in shape and my wife was taking notes.

Are Women really that manipulative? Or am I that easy a mark?

4. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:BOTH [​IMG]

5. Boyd

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

I [​IMG] you sometimes Tala!

6. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I [​IMG] you sometimes Tala!

I'm honored!

7. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    She actually sounds more like a work mom [​IMG] She was just looking out for your best interests.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG]

Mine is my office mate and secondary boss. The big boss told her that being in an office with me brought out a side of her he never knew was there. She has been ther 14 years - me just 2 1/2 [​IMG]

9. sune42

sune42 Songster

Mar 13, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    I had a work husband when I worked at Citi bank. We always called them Citi spouses. He and I shared a pod for about 5 years, both of us happily married. We talked about everything, he dealt with me being pregnant twice and was an all around good guy. Our families have gone on vacation together and we still get together for bbqs sometimes.

10. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    My friend, Blaine, is like that. He and I didn't work together as in a job, but rather met in calculus in college (we were both returning adults and spent many evenings together studying, in classes, etc). If I had issues with anything, I could always go to him and he confided in me as well. If either of us had a migraine (we were both sufferers [​IMG] ), the other would try to help. He and I became quite close, but like you said, not like "that". He was married with 4 beautiful kids and I was engaged (though we DH and I had lived together for several years by then). Neither of our spouses were jealous, as they knew that we are very faithful! I married my husband for a reason! [​IMG] After a while of being great friends, I met his wife and he met my husband (fiance at the time). It ended up that the 4 of us got along amazingly together!! As as matter of fact, DH and him ended up getting along so well, they became best friends and would confide in each other! [​IMG]

He moved to AZ several years ago and now works for Border Patrol, but we stay in touch and visit. When DH and I got married, we chose a small mtn community that we loved to visit. The town only had one church and the Pastor wouldn't marry us since we were a member of his church. Blaine and his wife knew that DH and I were stressing over what to do about the officiant (kinda important at the wedding! [​IMG] ). Blaine called us up and offered to get ordained (for weddings) by a church local to him (he is 7-8 hrs away from us!). It meant so much to David (DH) and I to have them drive so far to attend and have a dear friend marry us!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by