Working On Christmas Gifts Already... Updated 10/14

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by vfem, Aug 28, 2010.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    ...and boy, are our family and friends going to LOVE us!!!

We have 12 pints of peach schnapps, pear schnapps and lemoncello. [​IMG]

Tomorrow I'm going to double that!

We're broke come the holiday but I think this year we will probably out gift everyone else! [​IMG]

More then happy to share our recipes. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  2. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Quote:Sounds wonderful! [​IMG]

I'd love to see those recipes!

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Let me finish up in the kitchen this weekend and I'll probably come back and share photos and recipes. I am so slammed today and tomorrow its not funny!!! [​IMG] Ok, yeah it is!!!

4. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    OK why not, here's some of them:

[​IMG]

5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

They look really good! What a great idea for gifts. [​IMG]

6. Raiquee

Raiquee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Big Bend, WI
    I reeeeally want that lemoncello recipe [​IMG]

7. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Quote:Me too! Lemon peel, simple syrup and vodka right? I know the regular 2-3 month marinating recipe. Would LOVE to know the canned version [​IMG]

8. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Post those recipes when you can....I would love to have them. My brother goes to europe every year and has started making the Lemon-cello stuff....lol.

I will hit him up for his recipe so you can compare!

9. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    For the lemoncello recipe, I found the most raved about one I could find! This one is done in smaller batches with no sugar up front.

3-4 lemons' peel (all yellow NO white) PER PINT JAR
    I did 3 pint jars so I did 12 lemons total peeled (I use the juice in my jams so none wasted!)
    Then fill up the jars with CHEAP vodka (don't waste the good stuff since you will barely taste it), leave 1" had space
    Store jars in a cool dark place for 2-3 months
    Then after that time has passed, cook down some simple syrup (1:1 ratio water to sugar) about 2 cups water 2 cups sugar
    Strain out the lemon peels.
    Mix all the lemon vodka in with the simple syrup once it comes down to room temp.
    Add back to jars and allow to sit in a dark cool spot for 1-2 weeks.
    Then chill in the freezer over night before serving.

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE lemoncello, but I've only had the expensive stuff, so this better be good, because this is all I can afford now-a-days! LOL

[​IMG]

The other fruits I stuffed the jars with the whole fruit cut into quarters until I couldn't fit anymore, don't peel or remove the cores (Except the peaches because of the fuzz on the skin, peel those). Then add 1 TBSP sugar to each jar and fill with vodka. Store in a dark cool place for 2-3 months. Taste as it sits, if it comes to a good flavor you like early, go ahead and prepare it when you like it! Strain the vodka through cheese cloth and bottle the drink in and airtight bottle or container. Keep in the freezer to serve super cold!

10. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I just sent my brother a message asking for his recipe. Will share with you in case it is different and you might want to try it.....he is quite the gourmet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by