World war III

Discussion in 'Quail' started by moeell1, Jul 3, 2010.

1. moeell1

moeell1 In the Brooder

May 17, 2010
    OMG so we got a bigger house for the babies, it's large enough to put the 3 weeks old on one side and the 2 week old on the other......well we did this last night, I get up this AM and the older ones are at war.....omg it's awful! I know pecking order and what not but geesh......this is crazy!!!! [​IMG]

Corinna

2. crash0330

crash0330 Songster

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    They get really crazy, separate them as soon as you can or else they will kill each other!

3. moeell1

moeell1 In the Brooder

May 17, 2010
    I don't have the two groups together they are seperated it's the older ones fighting with the older ones! I see pecks on there heads it's just awful!!

4. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Songster

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    Were they together in a smaller enclosure before you moved them?

David

5. moeell1

moeell1 In the Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Yes they have been together since birth just in a smaller brooder, but I needed to get the meduim ones into something bigger so my husband got this for us and it's perfect.....everyone is with everyone of the same age! The older ones have calm down some but boy this AM was awful!!!!

6. Plain_View_Farm

Plain_View_Farm Songster

Apr 5, 2008
    Central Virginia
    If they have A LOT more room now it might just be establishing a territory kind of thing..
    They should calm down and get along again.

David

7. _Randall_

_Randall_ Songster

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quick..........for life support, go break off some tree branches with leaf foliage on them, and cram in a corner of the pen. This will at least give the "victims" a place to "aid-&-abed" them until the fueding rage subsides.

8. moeell1

moeell1 In the Brooder

May 17, 2010
    Thanks for all the advice, they did have branches and sticks in the pen not sure what was going on but things seem smoother now!!! I hope it stays this way!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by