Worlds Oldest Person?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Jul 10, 2010.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
  2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I actually used to care for Edna Baker Oldest Living woman(at that time) at the nursing home she lived at in Shelbyville,IN.. What an awesome woman she was, never down, never sad, always had a smile and a hug.. And I have to sya she was sharp as a tack.. She never forgot a name ... Also my family were very close to Sandy Allen the worlds tallest living woman at the time.. They have both since passed but I will always remember them for how kind hearteded and down to earth they were...

Thanks for sharing

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Sometimes I feel like the oldest person is.... ME! [​IMG]

4. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I used to work with the elderly too. I LOVED it... espically the dementia/alz patients.
    I think the oldest i ever worked with was 105..

5. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:No..no.. its ME! [​IMG]

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:I used to work with the elderly too. I LOVED it... espically the dementia/alz patients.

Totally agree.. Most places I worked at euncouraged us to go along with them , i have been peoples husbands, sons, dughters, granddaughter/son, doctor, dance partner, and about anything else.. Had one lil lady sweet as could be but she thought I was her husband and everytime I went in her room she would ask for (ahem) husbandly duties... (wink wink).. Finally had to start bringing a female cna in with me just so he wouldnt try anytinh.. LOL

7. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA

Totally agree.. Most places I worked at euncouraged us to go along with them , i have been peoples husbands, sons, dughters, granddaughter/son, doctor, dance partner, and about anything else.. Had one lil lady sweet as could be but she thought I was her husband and everytime I went in her room she would ask for (ahem) husbandly duties... (wink wink).. Finally had to start bringing a female cna in with me just so he wouldnt try anytinh.. LOL

OOh yeah.. been there too. [​IMG]
    I used to work 3-11 and 11-7 shift... and we all know about sun-downing... so sometimes it got hectic... [​IMG]
    But i still loved it.
    If i ever go back into CNA work i'll def try to work the dementia/alz patients every time.

8. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    So, at 130, she would have been born in 1880--that's a lot of history to have lived through. My folks are in their late 90s, and I have always thought that what they have lived through was pretty amazing. I am reading a series of books based upon family stories set in Arizona Territorial days. Starts during the early 1880s--really different world than we can easily identify with.

9. redhen

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:OOh.. i LOVE those types of history books. I really find it so facinating to read how families actualy lived back then...
    What is the name of the series??

10. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    If my great grandmother lived another month she would have been 104, She was born in 1904.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by