World's Rarest Dog Breed Found In Illegal Pennsylvania Kennel

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Barred Rocks forever, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Barred Rocks forever

Barred Rocks forever Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
  2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    That is sad.....that one kinda looks like a fox/dingo mix. A lot of times dogs like that are put down because can't risk them hurting people. I hope that is not the case on either account.

3. Barred Rocks forever

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    hopefully some zoos will take them in

4. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Not glad of where they were found, but glad that they exist since they're so rare. Breed might have a chance.

5. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    wow... just wow..

6. Barred Rocks forever

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    Quote:most of these dogs are probably inbred and not fit for breeding wish i could adopt one

7. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:most of these dogs are probably inbred and not fit for breeding wish i could adopt one

With so few of them in existence, surely they could do some selective breeding with outcross to some known individuals. Sometimes inbreeding strengthens the lines too. I hope the gene pool doesn't suffer, but is better for having found these dogs. They sure are gorgeous and have such intelligent eyes! Thanks for the link, very interesting stuff [​IMG]

8. Barred Rocks forever

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland

With so few of them in existence, surely they could do some selective breeding with outcross to some known individuals. Sometimes inbreeding strengthens the lines too. I hope the gene pool doesn't suffer, but is better for having found these dogs. They sure are gorgeous and have such intelligent eyes! Thanks for the link, very interesting stuff [​IMG]

your welcome thanks for reading i wish there was a article with more information though

9. Barred Rocks forever

Aug 9, 2009
    maryland
    Quote:With so few of them in existence, surely they could do some selective breeding with outcross to some known individuals. Sometimes inbreeding strengthens the lines too. I hope the gene pool doesn't suffer, but is better for having found these dogs. They sure are gorgeous and have such intelligent eyes! Thanks for the link, very interesting stuff [​IMG]

your welcome thanks for reading i wish there was a article with more information though

seeing these dogs reminds me alot of malinois

10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by