1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Worm larvae?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cheekychicka, Oct 1, 2015.

1. cheekychicka

cheekychicka Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2015
    Hi everyone!

Hoping someone can identify the white things in the photos? I found the poop this afternoon but it appeared to be the only one.

I'm thinking worm larvae? The vet agrees but isn't sure. Whilst she researches we're treating with panacur worming treatment.

My flock ranges from 18 months to one month old. This was in the area where the older chickens are.

TIA[​IMG][/IMG]

2. cheekychicka

Sep 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

3. cheekychicka

Sep 25, 2015
    Well my question has been answered today when I found larger worms in the poop.

I'm treating the chickens themselves (all of them, including the little chicks are getting a three day course of panacur) but do I need to treat the environs too?

Ie do I need to remove all their poop on the ground? Completely clean out the house etc? When they had mites last year I had to spray everything.

Also can I eat the eggs if it's tapeworm?

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by