Worm warnings & pale faced birds

I also want to toss in, I gave "Tennessee" my rooster Vet-Rx and though it's not a cure for gape, it seemed to help a bit. He's not breathing the best, so I'm really hoping for the best. Another danger with Wazine as well is it can kill a pretty sick bird, I know because a hen of mime died last year after treatment. Birds can be bullet proof or extremely fragile, so its a roll of the dice with Wazine and a sick bird. Sadly a bird doesn't become noticeably sick until their fairly bad off, amd when you have a large flock, it's all the more of a challenge to notice those fine details... so I'm starting to think Wazine might be more of a treatment of prevention? But then I'm still not satisfied because you shouldn't eat the eggs from a Wazine treated bird for quite a few days after treatment... so I'm really uncomfortable usimg this unless it's a last resort honestly. But thanks for all the welcomes! It's great to share info with fellow chicken lovers, I think if you're going to raise anything... the only right way in doing it is with respect and love of the creature you raise. In believing this, having a place to discuss flock care is a have to have. I pray knowimg what I know now, I not only can prevent future problems in my flock... but pass some help along too!

I'm very sorry about Denden. :hugs It's really hard to lose them, especially if they're a favorite bird.

I was recommended by a knowledgeable BYC member to use Safeguard equine paste to deworm my birds since it kills basically all worms, including gape worm. It worked like a charm with no ill effects on my birds.

Thanks for the tip, and yes losing Denden has been as bad as losing a favorite dog or cat. This little guy was under sized by comparison to his brothers, but healthy and feisty like crazy lol. I'm blessed because this past springs babies brought me two new Dendens... it's amazing how much a bird can favor their father. Nothing can replace him, but it does make me feel good to see a part of him still running around.

Back
Top Bottom