Wormazole?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 2Hawaiians, Dec 13, 2009.

1. 2Hawaiians

2Hawaiians New Egg

Sep 14, 2009
    Oahu
    Newbie here. I took the advice of my feed store owner friend who gave me Wormazole to de-worm my 6 hens. I de-wormed them and THEN read that this de-wormer is NOT intended for
    "animals producing food intended for human consumption". What?? Does that mean forever and ever..... can't eat the eggs? I have searched high and low for information on Womazole and sure 'nuff, that's all I can find -- that statement. Please someone tell me that after 2 weeks or so it will be fine to eat the eggs..... Yes I feel totally stupid.....

2. dovecanyon

dovecanyon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Niland, CA
    No, not forever. Wait 2 weeks after worming to eat the eggs.

3. 2Hawaiians

2Hawaiians New Egg

Sep 14, 2009
    Oahu
    Okay thanks. I'm so glad to hear that. It says on the bottle to deworm 10 days later. Would you recommend that? Why don't I hear much on these forums about Wormazole?

4. dovecanyon

dovecanyon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2009
    Niland, CA
    You will see it mentioned as fenbendazole. Wormazole is just a brand containing fenbendazole (Safeguard is another I believe). It is recommended to give two doses to be certain all parasites have been killed. Wait two weeks after the last dose before eating the eggs. If you type fenbendazole in the search box at the top of the page, you will find many posts about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by