wormer for 9 chickens

NeeCee51

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 12, 2013
I have 9 chickens and am wondering if there is a liquid wormer that I can just put down there throat instead of in the water. Most of the ones I have looked at mix in a gallon of water. That's fine but if I give them fresh water every day the medication will be wasted because they don't drink a gallon of water a day. I just feel like I'm not getting the most out of the wormer. I don't think they have worms right now but I am putting together a medicine chest so I have things on hand. I would like to do it like it's done with dogs and cats. Thanks so much

I use pelletized wormers that you mix in with their food. Usually, you just mix it in once, then over the course of however long it takes them to finish that feeder of food, they've been sufficiently wormed. Some wormers have an egg withdrawal time and some don't. Just today I used Strike III wormer by Durvet into my birds' feed. There is no egg withdrawal time with this product. http://www.durvet.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=380:strike-3

Thanks so much, that sounds a lot easier than putting it in the water. I will give that a try..thanks again

After I lost a chicken to gape worm I started using Molly's Herbal Wormer. Search for it online. It's a weekly treatment, I make up a small batch of oatmeal and mix the wormer into it, the birds love it.

Wow..gape worm. I never thought about gape worm much. I will definitely check that out. Thanks so much..
thumbsup.gif

I have 9 chickens and am wondering if there is a liquid wormer that I can just put down there throat instead of in the water. Most of the ones I have looked at mix in a gallon of water. That's fine but if I give them fresh water every day the medication will be wasted because they don't drink a gallon of water a day. I just feel like I'm not getting the most out of the wormer. I don't think they have worms right now but I am putting together a medicine chest so I have things on hand. I would like to do it like it's done with dogs and cats. Thanks so much
Get this one:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1037171/affordable-valbazen-60ml-bottle-for-14-95

Dose is 0.08 ml per pound orally and repeat in 10 days.

-Kathy

Thank you so much. I ordered some of course it was more expensive than what you get. I have been going back and forth about what to get and the majority of the people recommend this one. Good to know a lot of people use it. Thanks again. Happy Thanksgiving....

Thank you so much. I ordered some of course it was more expensive than what you get. I have been going back and forth about what to get and the majority of the people recommend this one. Good to know a lot of people use it. Thanks again. Happy Thanksgiving....
Bang for the buck it's the best! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom