1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Is it ok to use Valbazen for Goats/Sheep/Cattle on chickens? And how long is the egg withdrawal? And what's the dosage?

Thanks,

LCF

2. littlecreekfarm

littlecreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2011
    Virginia
    Anyone?

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Not sure on that one I just use Wazine in the water with a 7 day egg withdrawl. I have used safegaurd horse wormer in a pinch with no ill effects.

4. ca

ca Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    Wickenburg
    Quote:Most answers on the forum for valbazen are:
    Withdrawal: 2 weeks
    Dose: 1/2 cc per bird orally (undiluted, carefully feed with a syringe)

dawg53 is the expert on the subject. He recommends to follow up after 10 days with a second dose. That adds up to 24 days not collecting eggs.

5. crazyhen

crazyhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I used valbazen with my young hens, they are not laying yet. they were 18 weeks old. It was a good time for it. I/2 for lg fowl and 1/4 for bantams. I like valbazen because it starves the worms out and kills all kinds of them. Not just round worms like the wazine. My young pullets did fine with it. It is expensive but last for years if kept ref. Gloria Jean

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Most answers on the forum for valbazen are:
    Withdrawal: 2 weeks
    Dose: 1/2 cc per bird orally (undiluted, carefully feed with a syringe)

dawg53 is the expert on the subject. He recommends to follow up after 10 days with a second dose. That adds up to 24 days not collecting eggs.

Sounds about right I think I do remember seeing that earlier, and yes an intial loading dose followed by a follow up for worm eggs is correct.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by