Wormers

Chatychick

Songster
12 Years
Jul 9, 2007
Blue Mound, Kansas
I have never wormed my chickens and I am not sure how you can tell if they have gotten enough to take care of the worm problems. I think they have tape worms as I have seen some in the coop under some poop. My hubby thought maybe it was a earthworm that was under it but the way it dried looked like tapes. I was wondering if I should put it in the water or feed...Any information will help alot...Thanks

Chatychick, I use diatomaceous earth (DE). It's safe and non toxic so you don't have to worry about eating the chickens' eggs or poisoning the chickens themselves. You can find it on McMurray's site, about 2 lbs. or something for $20. One bag should be enough for about 50 lbs. of fee. There are some additives like flax seed that add to the cost. You can probably get it cheaper at the feed store, just make sure there aren't any additives; get food grade DE. I have not seen worms in the chickens' poop or noticed any mites. Just Google it to read up on it.

Last edited:
I keep food grade DE in my chickens feed all the time and have for 3 years. I have never found worms or signs of worms. I also keep it in their deep litter bedding and have never had mites/lice.

Thanks,
That was what I was thinking about getting but didnt know if there were any thing like throw away eggs and all...I appreciate the help...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom