1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wormers?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Shadowhills Farm, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    This has been bugging me for the longest time!!! We are desperately trying to find a wormer that we can use for chickens AND ducks....

Our local Tractor Supply only sells the Wazine 17 (I think that's what it's called). Would this be okay to use for both the chickens and ducks? Or is there something else we can use?
    Thanks!

2. bibliophile birds

bibliophile birds Chillin' With My Peeps

i don't know about what kind of chemical dewormer to suggest, but try feeding pumpkins (especially seeds) to them every once in a while. it won't get rid of huge worm loads, but it should stop the need to worm as often. the pumpkin might give them a little bit of loose stool for a day or two, so don't overdo it, but it's totally safe.

coconut water is supposed to be really good too, but i've not tried it. it's a little pricey but it's good for a LOT of things.

3. briteday

briteday Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Northern NV
    I don't have duck but have used fenbendazole with the chickens and my dogs. I did a bit of searching on the internet and it appears that fenbendazole is safe for ducks, but don't know the dosage.

4. ThePamperedPullet

ThePamperedPullet Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is what I found about worming ducks. They are saying Ivermectin will work.

www.callducks.net/worms.htm

I don't know what Flubenvet is or where you could get it. It seems to be a wormer available in the UK

5. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    Thanks for the suggestions- we have Ivermectin here at the house. I will do some research and see how much to give.

Thanks again:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by