1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

WormGuard Plus Broad Spectrum Wormer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by carousel, Mar 5, 2008.

1. carousel

carousel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    NW Oregon
    Any feedback? would this be a good choice for my back yard flock?
    any suggestions on where to buy it?
    thanks!
    CS

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You should contact Yogiman and ask about the wormer he uses.

3. Jillylam

Jillylam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    Kingwood, NJ
    CS
    I've been using the Wormguard Plus for about 8 months. I get mine from the Holistic Horse. I've done quite a few fecal tests on several of my chickens over the months and have not had a worm problem with any of them. I've had a few other health issues but none from parasites.

4. mley1

mley1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2008
    Quote:I'm new to chicken raising. How do you give wormer? I know that sounds like a dumb question. But, gosh I need to know how. Cause I don't want my new chickens to get sick from worms. I'm trying to learn all I can and appreciate any info ya'll could give on it.

5. Jillylam

Jillylam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2007
    Kingwood, NJ
    mley1,
    Hi! It's not a dumb question. I am still new to chicken raising so I only have a years worth of experience to share. The Wormguard Plus is in powder form that I add to their feed. It is used as a preventative but not good for using if you have an immediate problem / infestation. It wouldn't work quickly enough. There are other de-wormers to use that have been discussed in other posts here. I only used one of the other types of wormers when I first got my chickens. If you do a search on wormers here you'll turn up a lot of discussions and they'll give you more options. Good luck and have fun with your chickens!

6. carousel

carousel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    NW Oregon
    Thanks for the feedback I did order some from the Holistic Horse!
    CS

7. red-hen

red-hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Quote:How do we contact Yogiman? I'm somewhat new to the forum - but am researching wormers and would like to hear more.

8. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    red-hen,

I sent you a PM.

9. bigzio

bigzio Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Yep, I have used the wormguard plus for over a year now. My 3 year old birds free range during the spring summer and fall. I just had a fecal examination done to see if the wormer is working. The lab results were great with nothing observed.

I purchase from Murray McMurray, however you can a also purchase and learn more here.... http://www.theholistichorse.com/index.php?page=details&id=331

bigzio

10. drillkjh

drillkjh New Egg

Mar 23, 2008
    i read in another post that u need to wait a week before eating egg with a certin wormer. is this the case with the wormguard

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by