Worming an adult turkey

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by pfd, Sep 8, 2012.

1. pfd

pfd Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    Alabama
    What wormer should I use for a 1 year old turkey hen that never was wormed?

2. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO
  3. pfd

pfd Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    Alabama
    Thank you so much!

4. frank53061

frank53061 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with IVAN3 if you are to use drugs that is a good one and there are many ways to prevent or do away with worms.
    This is not for everyone but I am going to use the cheapest rout every time that works and this works for me.
    Diatomaceous earth food grade as a preventive and as well as a killer of worms and almost any other insects.
    I buy it in bulk and its cheap some Co-Ops carry it I have to order it by mail.
    In emergency cases and there are say gape worms and the Chicken is struggling to breath before I started to use diatomaceous earth I used a old home remedy of boiled tobacco juice and force fed a teaspoon once a day for two days and the worms were gone nicotine is one of the best insect killers.
    In a pinch I have used that on several different kind of animals and it has always worked.
    Do some research on diatomaceous earth food grade decide for your self what you will try.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  5. pfd

pfd Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    Alabama
    I will check into it as well. I did purchase Valbasen but the label is for sheep etc. How much do I give to the turkey (of course I will have to weigh her).

6. ivan3

ivan3 spurredon Premium Member

Jan 27, 2007
    BOCOMO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by