worming chickens and ducks

Miss Lydia

~Gift of God ~ Eternal Life ~John 3:16-17
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Oct 3, 2009
Mountains of Western N.C.
I need to worm my chickens for lice, mites etc. the problem is my 8 muscovies and emden goose all share the same area, and don't know if I can use ivermectin on all? I was told I should put the ivermect in their water so will it be safe? Thanks so much need to do this very soon

I went to the vet and he said that the liquid cattle ivermectin will work for mites(i guess lice too) I used it on my mandarins and used an eye dropper to put one small drop in each of their bills and that was it. Since they are muscovies (lots bigger than my mandarins) and a goose i would probably go ahead and put 2/3 drops. Still might swing by a local vet and ask though.

I need to worm my flock, ducks, turkeys and chickens, I got some wazine 17 from Dels and I also have some ivermectin paste horse wormer, can I use the paste? I think I read somewhere that I could use a BB sized amount for each bird, is that right? I have never wormed my flock, but recently they started to show signs of worms, and yesterday I saw worms in the duck pond, so I know that they have them... Worming animals kinda freaks me out, I worry about doing it wrong, and killing somebody, any advise would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Back
Top Bottom