worming food?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sheeshshe, Nov 13, 2010.

1. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    sent my DH to the chicken store to get deworming stuff and shavings. they sent him back with a little bag of worming pellets. how many pellets should each chicken eat daily?

2. sheeshshe

May 6, 2009
    anyone?

3. Salvadora.Seabright

Salvadora.Seabright Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2010
    Floyd
    I hope someone responds for you but you could just call the manufacturer and ask about dosages. I've done that with questions about cat & dog medicines and had very nice service. Just Google the product or company name and see if they have a helpline number if it's not on the package.

Sometimes it'll feel like this [​IMG] trying to find that number but it's worth it.

4. sheeshshe

May 6, 2009
    no number bc they divvy it out from the large bulk package at the store and put it into a baggie [​IMG]

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:Pretty sure that's not legal, so you shouldn't have any trouble getting more info from them.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I've never seen worming pellets for chickens. I've seen it for other livestock though.

7. diannmoe

diannmoe Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2009
    Mount Carmel
    They offer these pellets on randallburkey.com, call safeguard, alfalfa based used for swine, cattle and can be used for chickens. I don't know the dose but research them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by