Worming in water

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by jwb0490, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jwb0490

jwb0490 New Egg

Apr 29, 2011
    Can I use Valbazine in the water?
    I can not administer it one chicken at a time,To many chickens and no help.
    Can something else could be used in water?
    Thanks Much

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I put it on pieces of bread. Give one and then move that chicken out. Give another, move that one out.

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    gosh, i wish i had heard of this method sooner! i just individually syringe dosed 32 chickens! my older hens were like whatever, just do it and let me out of the coop. Our favorite broody bantam even decided she was ready after watching a few and walked up and let me pick her up for her turn. but my 6 month olds were holy terrors! Especially the Penedesencas. I thought my Ameraucanas were flighty, but these penes put them to shame. i have never seen a bird so fast and agile in my life as those 3 were! I did 29 birds in about half an hour and it took me a good 20 min to get those 3 (2 pullets, 1 cockerel) when they were the only ones left. I was ready to strangle them! Do they really just eat the bread without noticing?

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Oh yes! They love bread and anything that is on it!

5. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    it never even occurred to me to try it. Guess I'm too used to cats and goats. lol

6. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    I dont know about valbazine, but in the future you might want to try Safeguard crumbles. Its a broad spectrum dewormer and although it
    specifies its for young chickens you can use it for older birds too and thats what we like to use b/c you can just mix it with the food. Still not a totally accurate dose per bird but it is mild and doesnt seem to cause any problems if one gets too much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by