Happy Chooks

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Northern CA
My Coop
My Coop
So I tried squirting the valbazen on a small piece of bread. Everything was fine and dandy until my BR being the pig that she is stole a piece from one of the other girls. Hopefully I didn't OD her with two pieces with 1/2 cc on each piece. I wasn't able to de worm my rooster, he kept trying to give it to the girls. Any advise on how to get it in him? I'm scared of squirting it in his beak as I don't want him to aspirate it.

Quote:
That ain'ta gonna happen. I treated about twenty with an oral syringe without any problems, i.e., squirt away.

Agreed. I worm all my birds, by mouth, with a needless syringe. I wait and do it in the evenings after they've all gone to roost or in the mornings before letting them out. If they don't cooperate and open their mouths, gently tug on the wattles. *Presto!* the beak will open.

Quote:
That ain'ta gonna happen. I treated about twenty with an oral syringe without any problems, i.e., squirt away.

Agreed. I worm all my birds, by mouth, with a needless syringe. I wait and do it in the evenings after they've all gone to roost or in the mornings before letting them out. If they don't cooperate and open their mouths, gently tug on the wattles. *Presto!* the beak will open.

Awesome, thanks guys! Never would have thought to tug on the wattles.
hmm.png

Quote:

Awesome, thanks guys! Never would have thought to tug on the wattles.
hmm.png

So THAT'S how you do it!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom