1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Worming question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JakRat, Aug 3, 2011.

1. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    When can you first de worm chickens?? I got mine from a local farmer and I am a bit worried that they may have worms... or are they to young to have worms?? They range from one month to 2 months.

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Oh good question! I know there are some de-wormers which are supposed to be more gentle. Maybe someone else can chime in?

3. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    What are the signs of a chicken having worms? I got my chicks from a local farmer too. Should I be worried?

4. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    You'll see worms in their poo sometimes. Older birds may start acting droopy and have decreased egg production.

5. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Quote:No worms in poo or anything.. I was just a bit worried since I know that they got no vaccines and what not at the farmers place. He was wrong about their ages, breeds and gender so of course I am now worried that they are all sick or something but arent showing any signs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by