worming turkey and ducks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ruthannnall, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Ruthannnall

Ruthannnall Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2016
    Belmont Louisiana
    Can anyone tell me if you can worm turkeys and ducks with red pepper like you do chickens?

2. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Welcome To BYC! Glad you joined the flock. By red pepper you mean actual red peppers or is there a wormer product called red pepper? I've never used red peppers as a wormer. I've used garlic, onions, and safeguard before.

3. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about turkeys and ducks, but definitely post on our Turkey and Duck sections in Other BackYard Poultry under the Forum at the top of the page and take advantage of our turkey and duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I've never heard of worming chickens with red pepper - so I wouldn't venture an opinion about using it with other poultry. You best information on this would come from the turkey and duck threads. I'm sure they can help you out.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by