Worming

My chickens are 100% organic and natural so I don't even use wormers. And our chickens are perfectly healthy. :rolleyes:

Are you absolutely 100% certain that it was a worm? Have you seen round worms before? Did you poke at it to see if the texture was consistent with a round worm? I only ask, b/c a lot of folks are not familiar with worms. There have been quite a few posts by new chicken owners who are certain they see a worm, and when they post a pic, it's definitely NOT a round worm.

Are you absolutely 100% certain that it was a worm? Have you seen round worms before? Did you poke at it to see if the texture was consistent with a round worm? I only ask, b/c a lot of folks are not familiar with worms. There have been quite a few posts by new chicken owners who are certain they see a worm, and when they post a pic, it's definitely NOT a round worm.
I did poke it, not sure it was a round worm but definitely a worm. Next time I will get it tested before starting meds. In the 2 weeks since I wormed them their poop has gotten almost back to normal. I don’t think I’ll worm again with the safe-guard and see how it goes. Thanks everyone!

I did poke it, not sure it was a round worm but definitely a worm. Next time I will get it tested before starting meds. In the 2 weeks since I wormed them their poop has gotten almost back to normal. I don’t think I’ll worm again with the safe-guard and see how it goes. Thanks everyone!
if you saw roundworms then you need to repeat in 10-14 days.

I only worm when there's a problem, backed up by fecal testing. The last time was over two years ago! Recently a fecal test came back 'negative', wonderful!
There's really nothing really useful and approved for use in chickens for intestinal parasites, except for coccidia. Not a good situation, but that's where we are right now. Mary

Back
Top Bottom