1. mtadkins5

mtadkins5 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would like suggestions on worming please. I have never wormed chickens and after further research I have started to worm my flock. At this time I have 5 geese (3 adult & one 3 month old) and 32 chickens ( 2-4 months old). How do you worm ducks as well? Does anyone know how to worm rabbits? How often should I worm them. Is there any other treatments I should do on a regular basis? Thanks so much!

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    I only know about treating chickens: You can purchase valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer or safeguard liquid goat wormer. Use a syringe without a needle to administer either wormer orally undiluted. Dosage for either wormer is 1/2cc for standard size birds, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Redose again in 10 days. I see no need to worms birds under 8 weeks old. If you have a large flock of chickens, you can always treat half one day, the other half the next day...you'll have to seperate them and keep them seperated until they're all wormed. Another way to do it is to worm them by what breed they are, for example; Barred Rocks, RIR's, and Buff Orps the first day. Then the next day dose whatever breeds are left. It's also just as easy to worm them all at once to get it done and over with. Make sure you reworm 10 days later. There's a 14 day withdrawal period after the last dosing. Toss eggs in the garbage.

1 person likes this.
  3. mtadkins5

mtadkins5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you! Is there any other treatments or anything I should do besides de-worming? How often should I do this? Please if anyone else can tell me about ducks, geese or rabbits let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by