Worms and hurt chicken

Sunflower15

Hatching
Sep 14, 2022
Hi! One of our chickens has been lying on her Left side for 4 days. We separated her from the flock (total of 19 chickens) and have her in a box with water and feed. She can’t stand on her feet. She looks healthy otherwise. What could be the issue?
Also, we discovered that a few chickens have tiny white worms in their feces. I’ve been researching but I don’t know which dewormer to buy or what to do. Any recommendations for these two issues? Our chickens are 2.5 years old. Thank you!

Use Valbazen it's a broad spectrum dewormer.

Give her a physical checkup, check all over her body, leg, feet, head. Your looking for anything unusual or shouldn't be there.

Hi! One of our chickens has been lying on her Left side for 4 days. We separated her from the flock (total of 19 chickens) and have her in a box with water and feed. She can’t stand on her feet. She looks healthy otherwise. What could be the issue?
Also, we discovered that a few chickens have tiny white worms in their feces. I’ve been researching but I don’t know which dewormer to buy or what to do. Any recommendations for these two issues? Our chickens are 2.5 years old. Thank you!
Can you post photos of the worms?

When is the last time the hen laid an egg?
Hard to know why she is unable to stand - do you see any injury to the legs, joints?
Any bloat or fluid in the abdomen?

Keep her hydrated and eating. If you lose her, then if you want more info, sending the body for necropsy would be a good idea.

Really need to ID the worms. If they look like below, then Valbazen is not the best choice for treatment. If you can post a picture or find one online that looks like what you saw, it would be helpful to make sure you treat with the correct/most effective medication.

Back
Top Bottom