1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Worms and treatment

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by schling, Apr 10, 2011.

1. schling

schling Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    We had a hen that wasn't laying, just sitting around and sounded like she was sneezing. We were told to worm the flock so we used revolution drops (3 total). Can we still eat the eggs after treating them with this? The hen layed an egg a couple days after the worming. Now we don't know if we need to throw them away.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Quote:I can't find any info googling revolution or selemectin and withdrawal in chickens. I'm guessing you are using it off label. I'm thinking you might want to forego the eggs for a couple weeks. But gotta say I really don't know for sure.

Imp

3. schling

schling Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    Thanks. Actually, the vet prescribed the revolution for worms and he said to wait a month so I guess that's what we'll do. I was just hoping someone else had used this and I just don't like the idea of getting rid of all those beautful eggs! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by