Worms in hen

Sherri1990

Songster
Jun 4, 2020
I found long skinny worms in my hens poop this morning. I check poops every day snd this is my first sight of it. Hopefully that’s a good sign?? Anyway… I read that safeguard fir goats should be used… but I want to make sure this is the right meds for the right worm. Please see pic. I need to know any dosage info and any helpful details. This is not a chicken I can catch easily. I have safeguard dewormer fir goats and I have ivermectin . Also… will this kill her? This is my first time seeing if them…. I just want to be sure it’s not to late. Should I give her some b12 also?

Attachments

• 1B33446C-387A-4BB8-86DF-25B52739A5FE.jpeg
    1B33446C-387A-4BB8-86DF-25B52739A5FE.jpeg
    535.3 KB · Views: 27
The worms will eventually kill her, yes. The worms.in poop is a bad sign, it means the worm load is pretty bad. You can lift her off the roosts at night. I'm not sure what those are to dose.with the right medication.

ok. I am so upset! I have never had this issue before.
Now that you know you may want to consider deworming your birds regularly.

Are you in the US?

You can buy Safe-Guard in a goat dewormer liquid form or horse-paste form. Both will be administered the same...straight to the beak of each bird. Either one is dosed by the weight of the bird. If you can't weigh each bird get a good guess for at least one or two of them because you do not want to underdose. Underdosing is the same is not even dosing at all. Giving slightly more will not hurt.
Safe-Guard is .25 ml per each pound of bird.
A 4lb bird would get 1ml.

How many birds do you have?

Now that you know you may want to consider deworming your birds regularly.

Are you in the US?

You can buy Safe-Guard in a goat dewormer liquid form or horse-paste form. Both will be administered the same...straight to the beak of each bird. Either one is dosed by the weight of the bird. If you can't weigh each bird get a good guess for at least one or two of them because you do not want to underdose. Underdosing is the same is not even dosing at all. Giving slightly more will not hurt.
Safe-Guard is .25 ml per each pound of bird.
A 4lb bird would get 1ml.

How many birds do you have?
i have 4 hens and one rooster. The goat safe guard i have is fenbendazole. Is this the correct kind? Oh yes.....they will be wormed from now on! I only got them 2 months ago....did they come with worms??

i have 4 hens and one rooster. The goat safe guard i have is fenbendazole. Is this the correct kind? Oh yes.....they will be wormed from now on! I only got them 2 months ago....did they come with worms??
Yes that wormer is perfect.
Yes...they most likely did come with worms.
Where did you buy them from?

Did you have other birds besides these new ones you just got a few months ago?

Back
Top Bottom