Worms or intestinal shedding ?

soufiane

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2020
i have a 3 months brahma cockrel that produce this poop mostly in mornings he is in good health and eating. his poops are watery in the morning but solid in rest of the day.

Attachments

• IMG20210117130431.jpg
    IMG20210117130431.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 13

Isaac 0

Enabler
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
That appears to be a Roundworm. It would be best to dose your flock with an anthelmintic - two effective ones are SafeGuard and Valbazen. For my birds, I simply draw up the dose first thing in the morning while they're on the perch, pinch the beak corner, or pull-down their wattle, insert the syringe into the right side of their mouth, and press on the plunger.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

The dose for SafeGuard is 0.23ml per pound, orally, for five days. Valbazen is 0.08ml per pound, orally, once, then in ten days.

RoosterML

Make Ameraucanas Great Again
Premium Feather Member
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
That appears to be a Roundworm. It would be best to dose your flock with an anthelmintic - two effective ones are SafeGuard and Valbazen. For my birds, I simply draw up the dose first thing in the morning while they're on the perch, pinch the beak corner, or pull-down their wattle, insert the syringe into the right side of their mouth, and press on the plunger.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

The dose for SafeGuard is 0.23ml per pound, orally, for five days. Valbazen is 0.08ml per pound, orally, once, then in ten days.
This person covered it for you!!

soufiane

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2020

thank you for the fast response. unfortunitly i dont live in usa so im not sure i will find those drugs but i will go and grab for them worms medicine right now.

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
Albendazole, which is the same drug as Valbazen and is used for humans and found worldwide, levamisole, flubenvet or flubendazole, and piperazine are other drugs available in many parts of the world used to worm animals. Check with a vet or at the place where you buy feed or cet supplies for any of those. We may be able to help with dosage.

Isaac 0

Enabler
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
i live in morocco i found safeguard. im new to this is the medicine effective ? is there a possibility that my cockerel will die even with treatement ?

SafeGuard is very effective for most worms, including roundworms. Administered correctly, your cockerel will be fine. It is vital you start treatment on him now before his condition deteriorates.

soufiane

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2020
SafeGuard is very effective for most worms, including roundworms. Administered correctly, your cockerel will be fine. It is vital you start treatment on him now before his condition deteriorates.
i gave him a dose yesterday and today morning i found his poops normal except this one on the photo. i never saw this before. i read that when you cripple the worm it start coming out in discharge. is that the case ?

Attachments

• IMG20210118085539.jpg
    IMG20210118085539.jpg
    813.7 KB · Views: 8

Isaac 0

Enabler
Jul 19, 2016
Iowa
i gave him a dose yesterday and today morning i found his poops normal except this one on the photo. i never saw this before. i read that when you cripple the worm it start coming out in discharge. is that the case ?

After the medication reaches the worms, some are absorbed into the system, the rest, depending on the load, are expelled through the feces. That appears to be the case with your rooster.

Top Bottom