Worms??? Please HELP!!!

Pennys Mama

🦃Jake~Jake's 👩🏽‍⚕️Nurse & 🐣Hatchaholic
Oct 12, 2019
LeFlore County, Oklahoma
:barnieI know this has got to be worms of some sort. Can someone please tell me the best treatment for this specific "worm". This is the 1st poo that I've seen like this. No one is acting sick at the moment with the exception of sniffles & sneezing. I do have a hen with "Nasty Butt", but I figured she'd have the runs, I haven't witnessed her poo today. Is this something that everyone needs treating? I have some ivomec sheep drench and liquid goat wormer (can't remember its name). :he Please HELP!!!
20191110_144919.jpg
20191110_144927.jpg

:barnieI know this has got to be worms of some sort. Can someone please tell me the best treatment for this specific "worm". This is the 1st poo that I've seen like this. No one is acting sick at the moment with the exception of sniffles & sneezing. I do have a hen with "Nasty Butt", but I figured she'd have the runs, I haven't witnessed her poo today. Is this something that everyone needs treating? I have some ivomec sheep drench and liquid goat wormer (can't remember its name, something 'guard'). :he Please HELP!!!

@Eggcessive @Wyorp Rock @casportpony
20191110_144919.jpg
20191110_144927.jpg

It looks like possible tapeworm segments. Are those fresh droppings, and are the worms moving? If they are indeed tapeworms, the best treatment is a wormer that contains praziquantel, such as Equimax horse paste which you can find at many feed stores. Dosage is 0.03 ml per pound (0.15 ml for a 5 pound hen) given orally once and again in 14 days.

Tapeworm segments. If you know which bird excreted the feces, that's the one you need to treat with Equimax equine paste. The dosage is in the link, repeat dosing in 10-14 days.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...rms-under-construction.1220309/#post-19519143
View attachment 1956417
I don't know which one did it, and I saw another fresh dropping in the chicken yard that had the same segments. Plus, I have over 70 chickens & guineas:barnie.

It looks like possible tapeworm segments. Are those fresh droppings, and are the worms moving? If they are indeed tapeworms, the best treatment is a wormer that contains praziquantel, such as Equimax horse paste which you can find at many feed stores. Dosage is 0.03 ml per pound (0.15 ml for a 5 pound hen) given orally once and again in 14 days.
Yep, fresh, dropped right in front of me too. I could narrow it down to 4 birds for that one dropping. But I saw another fresh gooey one in the chicken yard. I didn't see any moving, but I didn't try either.:he I swear if it ain't one thing it's another!!! Safeguard & Ivomec drench are the ones I have on hand.

Forget the Safeguard and Ivomec, you need a wormer containing praziquantel = Equimax. It'll be in the Equine section at your feed store and it's not expensive at all.
How easy is it going to be to treat 70+? Or do I just guess who to treat and watch under the roosts for the droppings, since everyone tends to roost in the same place each night?
N2E4.0.jpg

:barnieI know this has got to be worms of some sort. Can someone please tell me the best treatment for this specific "worm". This is the 1st poo that I've seen like this. No one is acting sick at the moment with the exception of sniffles & sneezing. I do have a hen with "Nasty Butt", but I figured she'd have the runs, I haven't witnessed her poo today. Is this something that everyone needs treating? I have some ivomec sheep drench and liquid goat wormer (can't remember its name). :he Please HELP!!!
View attachment 1956309 View attachment 1956310

Diatomaceous Earth, it will cut up any parasites but will be no harm to your chickens! Just put some in their water or food. A bag costs about $8 + depending on the size.

Back
Top Bottom